|A missionary raupo house at Te Papa Mission Station, Tauranga, March 1839.|
Ref: PUBL-0098-01-05-15. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand
|A sketch of the entrance of Tauronga [Tauranga], by Capt Thomas Wing, June 1835.|
Ref: MapColl-832.16aj/1835/Acc.423. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand.
A hydrographic chart sketching the entrance of the Tauranga Harbour, depicting the path of the British Navy ship 'Fanny', around Mount Maunganui and Waikouwai, with full sounding information. Identifies fortified pa site named 'Tumaitai Pa', the accompanying diagram identifies six whare or houses and two storage huts.Sources
The Elms History Timeline, on The Elms Misson Station web site
Bellamy, A C (ed.) (1982) Tauranga 1882-1982, Tauranga: Tauranga City Council [Courtesy of Stephanie Smith].
Matheson, A. (2012) Tahu, Matiu Parakatone, from the Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, updated 30-Oct-2012.
Stokes, E. (1980) A History of Tauranga County, Palmerston North: Dunmore Press.
Taylor, Richard (Rev) (1940) Making New Zealand; Pictorial surveys of a century, Wellington, Department of Internal Affairs, Ref: PUBL-0098-01-05-15.